I don’t really have it in me to write a full entry tonight (I tried, really I did). But there are a couple quick things I wanted to make reference to. So, that’s what I shall do.
- If you happened to miss the sidenotes link today, Gawker’s sister sports blog Deadspin named Da Bears Blog the number three Chicago Bears blog out there. Hell yeah DBB and let’s go Bears this weekend as they face the Carolina Panthers! (Oh, and by the way, if you haven’t subscribed to the sidenotes, go do it and please tell me if I should get rid of the daily links roundup in the main RSS feed. Thanks.)
- Gary Stein makes an interesting argument for those little HTML things that you create and then post on your own site being today’s “send to friend” button. With the number of blogs out there, he’s probably onto something.
- Has anyone created an RSS aggregator that takes an approach to organizing feeds other than just putting them in a big list, like folders, and allowing you to click on them to open them? Just curious.
- Remember how I said I was going to try Rojo, well it didn’t last very long. Turns out the fact that they don’t use frames gets really annoying when you have a whole lot of feeds you read (like I do). You have to scroll down every time to get back to where you were in your feed list.
- It’s really hard to try and make insightful comments every day, or even every other day. I’ve been realizing that a lot lately.
- The new crop of Beaujolais Nouveau was released today. I just ran down to the local wine store and bought a Duboeuf bottle and it’s just as delicious as I remember it being last year. (By the way, I think this has added to my inability to write a “proper” post tonight.) For more info on what the big deal is about Beaujolais Nouveau, heres a good explanation.
- This $100 laptop thing could really change the world. Quote me on that.
I think that’s it. I’m out.