I’m in the process of finishing up some year end stuff both at work and at home, which accounts for this serious slowdown in entries lately. For those that haven’t already, I suggest subscribing to the Sidenotes which have been updated fairly often. Anyway, as usual when I don’t have anything substantial to say, here’s an entry full of links to other people’s content. Cause that’s easy.
Best of 2005
It’s that time of year again, I’m working on my top 50 albums of 2005 (here’s my top 50 of 2004) and so is everyone else . . .
- Amazon’s top 100 editor’s picks is always one of my favorite lists because it’s not indie for the sake of being indie. They always include a lot of gems from genres I never listen to.
- Largehearted Boy is a great MP3 blog. The top 11 albums of the year all have multiple MP3s for your listening pleasure.
- Speaking of listening pleasure, here’s the hype machine’s top 52 songs of the year as posted on MP3 blogs across the net.
- And, just to prove I don’t take myself too seriously, My Blog is Poop’s tips for making a ‘hip’ end of year best of list includes such gems as, “Don’t include your actual favorite album. It may have been good when you started listening to it, but now it’s cliche. Deal with it.”
- Evan Williams started Blogger and Odeo, I think that makes him a fairly good person to write Ten Rules for Web Startups.
- Do you have a small business? Here are ten good questions to ask yourself about your business.
- Here’s a good list of things great managers do.
- Last, but not least, Google lists the 10 rules that make them what they are. Nothing overly revolutionary in here, but it’s definitely interesting to see it all together and working as well as it is for Google.
- Rudolph, seriously man, don’t give in to Santa, he doesn’t care about you!
- Does the fact I can now laugh at design jokes make me more or less geeky? While you ponder that hop over and check out some CMYK jokes.
- Yeah, you’re not supposed to mess with Texas, but what happens if Texas shows up to the party already drunk with the Girlfriend nobody likes? Sounds like a socially awkward situation in which it would be okay to mess with Texas.
- And if you haven’t read it yet, GO BACK AND READ “COVERING TEEN WOLF: ONE COACH’S GUIDE”. It’s probably the funniest thing I’ve read all year.
That’s all for today. It’s holiday party season.