I have a more serious entry in the works, but there were a couple things I’ve been meaning to write about but haven’t gotten around to and I figured I’d throw them into one post.
- I went to see Guns N’ Roses at Hammerstein Ballroom on Sunday and it was amazing as can be expected. Axl is back down to fighting weight and Sebastian Bach of Skid Row fame even joined him for a song. When I told a coworker about the show he had the best description I’ve heard yet of this current incarnation of the band: “So basically you saw a GNR cover band fronted by Axl Rose.” Yes, yes I did. And it was amazing.
- While at said Guns N’ Roses show I was standing next to a guy in a leather jacket with his arms crossed who refused to even clap between songs. This guy was totally killing my mood with his “too cool for school” attitude. A few minutes later my girlfriend tells me it’s Constantine from American Idol. Argh . . .
- You know when you tell someone something that you know they don’t like so they’ll like it less. That’s “haterade.” (Another quote via a coworker.)
- I went to the Pheedo RSS roundtable dinner the other night. Much of the discussion revolved around how to educate the public about RSS. My thoughts: No more educating needs to be done. Enough people know what RSS is and if the user experience weren’t so terrible they’d teach everyone else. Of course that’s to say that there will be anything to educate. If RSS really succeeds it will be completely invisible (which it is in many ways already).
- I also think trying to think of a new name for RSS is a waste of time.
- Akismet recently came out for MT and it’s really helping me with what was again becoming a seriously big comment spam problem.
- Last but not least, Customer-Made is an incredibly in-depth look at brand democratization/co-creation. Give it a read.
That’s it. Got another, more serious, post on deck . . . maybe today.