Just this morning I was trying to decide what in the world I would write about today. There’s this funny feeling of obligation to write when you have a blog. It’s not that anyone else is actually saying, “hey Noah, you haven’t posted in a while,” but every few days this little thing goes off in my head that says just that.
Lucky for me Amber at Big Secret Pizza Party went ahead and gave me something to write about. She ‘tagged’ me with this ‘five things’ meme and wrote something extraordinarily flattering to boot (which I appreciate very much). Anyhow, I thought about starting this post with a diatribe about how I usually don’t take part in these kinds of meme, but then I realized I was full of shit and the only reason is because I’ve never actually made it into the loop. (After finishing this sentence I got an email from David Berkowitz informing me he had also tagged me, so I guess I really have no choice.)
So, without any further ado . . .
Five things you probably don’t know about me.
- I used to hate olives and then one day, about four years ago, I decided to change that. Every three months I would eat an olive until I finally broke and began to actually enjoy them. It was well worth the pain.
- I really suck at spelling sentence. I always try to spell it ‘sentance’. I also used to be bad at calendar, but I’ve gotten better.
- My list of things I want to do in my life (yes I have one of those) includes start my own business.
- Deep down I believe that starting this site was the best decision I ever made.
- I built my first website in 1995 and it was about my life as an aardvark. I’m not entirely sure why. The second website I ever built was called ‘eat some cheese’, again I don’t know what I was thinking. There seems to be no evidence of their existence and that saddens me a bit.
That about wraps it up, I will return to regularly scheduled posting in the near future. Hope this wasn’t too painful.
Also, rather than tagging anyone in particular, what if I just left it open for anyone who feels like commenting to add their five things (or a link to their site that lists them). It couldn’t hurt for us all to get to know each other a little better.
Update (12/18/06): It seems that Scott has tagged me too. I’m starting to feel slightly guilty for not passing this on . . .